Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Who Likes Fabric?

I sure do!  After being rather frustrated with the complete lack of grays in my stash when making the 4x5 Modern Bee Blocks I decided I needed to use the $20 gift card I had for my local quilt shop to buy some grays and whatever else caught my eye.  ;)

Left to right:  Sweet Treats by Diane Zimmerman, Sunkissed by Sweetwater,
Lost and Found by Jan Allyson, ? and Echo by Lotta Jansdotter
Grays are definitely in style.  I found no lack of them in the shop and choose a light, medium and dark gray that I thought would be good blenders and a few yellow/mustard prints that I will use in the HST Quilt.  I have to admit that I do like the gray/mustard combo.  

Speaking of mustard, there was a small spot of mustard on the Sunkissed fabric and so I ended up getting it half off.  Sweet!  But really, who goes around eating a sandwich in a fabric store and wiping mustard off their fingers onto the fabric?  Weird.

Found at Fresh Squeezed Fabrics

I kept my eyes open for some of the new American Jane line, School Days, but the shop didn't have any.  The Fat Quarter Shop doesn't have it in stock either.  ?!?!  They usually have everything.  I did find some of the prints at Fresh Squeezed Fabrics - these are my favorite prints of the line.  I really should get some...right?

Available May 2012
While I was skimming the Coming Soon section at the Fat Quarter Shop to see if they were getting in School Days, I found this fabric that I just adore!  I rarely like every print in a line, but Seaside is right up my alley.  I love every-single-print.  Such a lovely retro/vintage line.

Available August 2012

I also ogled Denyse Schmidt's new line Chicopee which comes out in August.  I love the lighter prints. 

Available May 2012

And if you wanted some more fabric to coordinate with Chicopee, I think this line by Jenean Morrison would be perfect!

Available June 2012

If I get my act together and finish up some UFOs, maybe I will start a mustard and gray project with some of the beautiful prints in Madrona Road line.  Love the florals.

Have you seen any fabrics that have tickled your fancy recently?
Anything else I should add to my shopping list?  :)

5 comments:

  1. I got bit by the gray bug as well. I love Kona Charcoal a lot. I'm trying not to look at fabrics that might tickle my fancy - I've been bad, so I'm on currently on a fabric diet...for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicopee definitely interested in. Anything either Laurie Wisbrun and Anna Marie Horner have coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the mustard stain, that's messed up! I love your new gray and yellows! I think it's funny that you want to make a gray and mustard quilt now because a few posts back you said that gray didn't speak to you. I guess you were just seeing the wrong grays?

    I'm excited for some of the fabric in the Lucy's Crab Shack by Sweetwater. I love the fun bikes and other prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Ocean Madrona Road. Wish it was paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! I'm into the yellow/mustard color right now as well. Which is strange as i'm usually never drawn to this color.

    Ohh keep us posted on any new creations! ♥

    ReplyDelete